You may use On-line Filing using PC tax filing software if
- you (and your spouse, if filing jointly) have an IL-PIN,
- you are a resident, nonresident, or part-year resident,
- you expect a refund, have no tax due, or owe a balance.
You may not use On-line Filing using PC tax filing software if you
- are claiming any other subtractions on Line 9 other than:
-premiums paid for health insurance and long term care insurance;
-expenses for federally tax exempt investments;
-interest on obligations of Illinois state and local governments;
-contributions to the "Bright Start" Program;
-depreciation on Form IL-4562;
-state income tax refunds.
- are filing a return for a deceased taxpayer;
- want to file a prior year return;
- want to amend or correct a previously filed return;
- claim credit for tax paid to other states on Line 19 other than Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan or Wisconsin and their local taxing jurisdiction (i.e., city, county) and you are not a full-year Illinois resident;
- claim tax credits from Schedule 1299-C on Line 23;
- completed Form IL-2210 based on annualized income or you are 65 years of age or older and permanently living in a nursing home.
Please see the additional site limitations in the box above.