You can check the status of your Kentucky income tax refund by calling (502) 564-1600. You will need to know your SSN and Refund Amount.
It is anticipated that income tax refunds from Kentucky tax returns filed in the Federal/State Electronic Filing Program will be issued in two to three weeks. The following conditions may delay tax refunds and/or change tax refund amounts on electronically filed returns:
- The taxpayer owes delinquent Kentucky taxes.
- The taxpayer owes a debt to another state agency or to the IRS.
- The estimated tax payments claimed on the return do not match the estimated tax payments recorded on KRCís estimated tax file.
- The refund amount is adjusted when the electronic return is processed.
- Bad addresses. Common problems are addresses containing a rural route. While the Cabinet recognizes that some rural routes still exist in Kentucky, most rural routes have been eliminated and assigned a street name with a house number. You should verify that the rural route is still a valid address before utilizing this address on the your return. Another common problem is an address that contains both a post office box number and a street address. Post office equipment cannot determine which address to utilize. Only one address should be submitted.