You can check the status of your Ohio refund online at the Ohio Department of Taxation website. You will need to know the primary Social Security Number and the exact amount of your anticipated refund. Click below to check the status of your Ohio refund:
Taxpayers or persons authorized by taxpayers may check the status of their refund(s) by calling the Ohio Refund Hot Line at 1-800-282-1784.
A taxpayer who requests a direct deposit may expect a refund within 7-10 days from the Ohio acknowledgment date.
A taxpayer who requests a paper check may expect a refund within 14 days from the Ohio acknowledgment date.
However, taxpayers should wait three weeks after the Ohio acknowledgment date before either calling the refund hotline or writing to inquire about the status of a refund. Refund checks will be mailed directly to the taxpayer.
The following may delay and/or reduce a refund:
- a tax return that has errors,
- a taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who has any outstanding unpaid assessments,
- a taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money to the IRS,
- a taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money for back child support, or
- a taxpayer and/or spouse, if filing a joint return, who owes money for overpayment of public assistance.
The Ohio Department of Taxation and OnLine Taxes do not guarantee a specific date that a refund will be deposited into a taxpayer's checking or savings account and does not issue written notices to taxpayers to confirm a direct deposit.